Eric Sven Anderson
Eric S. Anderson
- Eric Sven Anderson
- Ordained Minister of the United Church of Christ
- Interim Pastor
- Seymour Congregational Church, United Church of Christ, Seymour, Connecticut
- Other Service
- Computer consultant to churches as Computer Seraph Consulting
- Consultant to Congregations through the Connecticut Conference, UCC
- Acting Editor of CONNtact, the newspaper of the Connecticut Conference, UCC
- Participant in the New Haven Lectionary Bible Study Group
- Folk singer with Paul Bryant-Smith as Boys in Hats
- Member of the Board of Directors, Connecticut Conference, UCC, 1993-1997
- Chair of the Conference Design Team, 1994-1995
- A.B., Cornell University, 1985
- M. Div., Andover Newton Theological School, 1988
- Clinical Pastoral Education Basic Certificate, 1987
- Interim Ministry Network Basic Education, 1997
- Prior Service
- Interim Pastor, Oxford United Church of Christ, Oxford, Connecticut 1995-1997
- Interim Pastor, First Congregational Church, UCC, Meriden, Connecticut 1993-1995
- Pastor, First Congregational Church, UCC, Mechanic Falls, Maine 1988-1992
- Pastor, Oxford Congregational Church, UCC, Oxford, Maine 1988-1992
- "I am a repuntant sinner."
About Eric Anderson
What can I say about myself, given that I'm a generally modest guy, who believes in the value of humility? What on earth does an introvert do with such an extroverted medium as a Web page?
Just a few things: I sing, and play guitar, and am working on playing the fiddle. I wear hats, generally something in the fedora style. I like playing with computers, and hate playing with Windows 98. I tell awful puns. At some point, nearly anything will strike me as funny, which earns me some funny looks. I have a lot of friends, which says more about their ability to tolerate eccentricity than about my own worth. I have yet to find anything the least bit satisfying about mowing the lawn.
The most important thing to say about myself, however, is that my faith in the Triune God is what gets me through the day. My Creator has given me skills and abilities which I am most grateful to exercise. My Savior has given me the promise of a new life when this one is done. And the Spirit guides me, encourages me, and comforts me along the way.
God bless you!
On-line writings by Eric S. Anderson:
By Evelyn Eddy and Eric Anderson: My Sister Can't See Me
http://www.computerseraph.com/Eric.htm -- Revised: December 6, 1998
Copyright © 1996 Computer Seraph